Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Time has Changed


Time to me has changed now. I'm not sure when it did this but now I have noticed it. I was just listening to a song by Darius Rucker called "It Won't Be Like This For Long" about children growing up fast and I had this exact sentiment when writing about holding Riley's hand a few weeks back. A change has occurred in the way that I look at time.

Maybe because I'm forty now? I had all the time in the world in my youth, teens, twenties. The thirties were spent becoming a parent and having very young children. During that time some of those days crawled. An hour with a newborn and toddler at home seemed to stretch for days. I remember just trying to survive one hour at a time. It was quite unbearable at times, just feeding, cleaning, changing diapers, crying, them and me. Now it is different.

My darlings are growing up as am I. There is still some crying and temper tantrums and you can use your imagination as to who is having them but the childrearing is getting a tad bit easier. I sat with my youngest daughter in my lap watching a movie in the theatre and we were swaying with our heads together to the music. I reached over and held my older daughter's hand too. I was overwhelmed with emotion and thought it just doesn't get any better than this. I have to hold on to these feelings because I will turn around and they will be grown. Yes, the way I look at time has changed and I'm changing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers