Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Box

Quit putting yourself in a little box by trying to live consistently with your past and explaining every little action you take. BE YOU. Fully. In this moment. Independent of what others may or may not 'expect' from you. ~Brian Johnson

I read this on FB, it was a quote from a friend. This succinctly says what I am trying to do, but some days it can be oh so hard to put in play, but the more I do it, the better. Practice. This message came at just the right time as I was trying to figure out whether to take a small action, and I read it and had to think of all the thoughts that went into me, thinking I SHOULD do this small action. (Those "shouldisms" are my box.) And then it became apparent that it was ridiculous and I forget about it for most of the day. I just need to keep practicing and paying attention to the thought patterns. And listen to my gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers