Monday, July 6, 2015

This Is Life

This is my Living Room.  All of Riley's bedroom furniture has been moved in there to accommodate painting her room.  It is a mess. The Living Room is my dedicated pretty room.  No one really goes in there so it stays neat. The furniture is clean, free of pet hair for the most part and the one room, I can walk through and think, ah, I don't have anything I have to do in here.
Riley has been waiting very patiently for us to start painting.  We picked the color months ago.  So those test spots have been there for months.  George told her weeks ago, that the Fourth of July would be THE weekend to paint.

So she and George went to a store and got the paint.  Moved everything out, taped, and covered the carpet.  And on July 4th, opened the paint can, stirred and it's the wrong color.  The store was closed for the entire weekend.  So although all engines were full steam ahead, now the process is shut down and we must sit and wait.
And my pretty room will stay an utter mess until this is completed.

I walked through the room and thought isn't this what life is all about! 

There is an obstacle whether it be a person, a situation or as I have come to learn, my own thought processes that stand in my way and they are not going anywhere until I learn to accept them for who or what they are.  The situation is not going to change and I'm going to have to LIVE WITH IT.

The big monstrosity will stay there until I accept it.  I have learned to walk away from certain people and situations and learn to live with some others through acceptance and it's a process. The very first step is awareness.  And then there's anger, denial, frustration, fear, sadness, grief,  etc.  This is not the way I wanted it to be AT ALL.   Yet slowly over time with attention and loving attention, the way you think about the monster will change. Living with what is uncomfortable will not be as uncomfortable as it used to be.  The pain will reside and acceptance seeps in.

We are bringing the paint back to get it corrected today.  And we will start the process over.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers