Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I found that with my intentionality to focus on my body ( hunger, fullness, and moving more) I also found my thoughts compulsively going to, "Am I losing weight?"  I found that I wanted to feel my empty stomach and every morning when I woke, I thought, is it empty...and then...did I lose a pound? And I wanted to weigh myself.

None of which will help me in the least.

And then Friday, I had to give consequences and listen unconditionally to my eldest.  Those actions woke me from my new diet obsession because I had to focus on something bigger than myself.  I needed that.

Over the weekend, I moved back to the overall design of moving more and eating less. And paying attention to hunger. This is going to have to be a slow mindful process and I'm okay with that.  I don't do well with any kind of restrictions.

One day at a time and sometimes, it is one hour at a time.

So here goes:

I am a conscious parent and a mindful person who is now paying more attention to my body - the body that exquisitely works together every second of the day to keep me moving.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers