Friday, October 2, 2009

And the Kicker is...

The new TV show season is here. No more repeats. Every now and then while watching some of the shows that I have taped, I find a jewel of written dialogue that just resonates to my core. (There was a certain episode of 30 Rock with Alec Baldwin's character talking about Dora The Explorer panties clearly made for an obese child, which is an all time favorite.) These jewels are hard to find especially with the current lineup of reality television dominating the schedule. Desperate Housewives was in the queue since Sunday and I thought maybe it's time to let that show go but I turn it on for George and I. (He does allow me control of the DVR and is one of the many reasons I love him so) I don't even remember what happened at the end of last season but thankfully they have a wrap up of that and off we go.
Please watch the video so that you will know what I'm talking about, it's so much easier for me and less typing AND I finally figured out how to upload video



This was a priceless few minutes of video and what gets me is that somewhere out in California I guess, there is a writer or team of writers who totally understands what I have felt about motherhood. And they put it in this incredibly funny dialogue between Lynette and this first time Mom To Be. You may think that the part I like is when Lynette dogs our her husband, because I did feel that way being the only bar in town. Or that women are liars telling how wonderful it is, to perpetuate more babies being born. No, the kicker for me and for Lynette's character was when she said and I quote, "that for the rest of your life, there will be so many moments when you will feel lonely but you will never be alone." OMG. Someone out there gets it!! At times, I have felt so lonely in this journey, but yet I am generally never alone and I savor those moments of quiet. I need my quiet.

I'm so glad I didn't take it out the queue.

1 comment:

Followers