Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Everything you done to me already done to you"

It's been many years since I watched the Color Purple and it touched me back then but I want to watch it again coming from where I am now.  I am watching the latest OWN LifeClass and Oprah acts out a line in the movie. And this is it...
 "Everything you done to me already done to you"



This brings me to this topic which is I have been wanting to write about for some time.  It is Newton's Third Law of Motion - better known as action reaction.  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  The energy you put out is coming back to you.  Some people call it Karma.

In an emotional way, it is when someone snaps at you - you want to snap back.  When someone is kind to you, you feel calm and have good feelings.  And on a larger level in your life, Gary Zukav explains it so well in this really short 50 second clip.





I have found this to be true.  In that, I have learned to be more open and loving and in comes back to me in the most random, unexpected and wonderful ways.  Just yesterday, in the past, I always have worried about making plans for holidays.  They make me feel lonely.  Labor Day is a holiday, albeit a minor one, and as George was working, the girls and I decided to go swimming at our club, and at the very last moment invited friends and they were able to come.  It was such a pleasant time at the pool.  I could not have pre-planned it any better.

But I had extended this invitation to them freely.  In the past, I would have been so hurt had they not been able to come. Now, I understand that I don't have to take it personally if they can't come, it is just circumstances.
I am so much more open now because I am stronger.  After our friends left, I had the blessing of running into a friend from church and we connected for just a few short minutes but it was packed with meaning.  We covered life's deepest topics in 10 minutes and then we departed.  I find that when I'm open and vulnerable somehow I meet up with other open and vulnerable people and the connection with others that I so desire just magically happens.  I have watched this happen so many times, I have become a believer.

I do believe now in Newton's Third Law especially as it applies to relationships.




4 comments:

  1. What a great post, Carolyn. I know that this is true, but the way you've organized it here really summarizes it nicely, and reminds me of things I've forgotten. It's easy to forget too, and to think that these things just happen to us. But what we ALLOW, oh my; it makes all of the difference. Thanks for sharing this. Peace and blessings, Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia - So glad that my words are connecting with you. Peace and blessing right back at you - but Newton's got that already. LOL

      Delete
  2. I agree with Olivia! And I do so believe!! This is such a powerful post and expressed just right! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this. I really needed that all in one place :) Check out my blog potografije.blogspot.com, I wrote about some similar issues and I hope you will find something there that speaks to you, as this did to me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers