Sunday, November 18, 2012

GaGa's Butterflies

Caterpillar eating the milkweed bush we planted in honor of GaGa on what would have been her 80th birthday.


Look closely-amazing gold enhanced chrysalis!! 
Empty Chrysalis
I watched this particular monarch butterfly flit around the yard repeatedly.  I stood still and it danced around me!  I was waiting for it to light on me!

It has been 8 months since GaGa died.  I did not realize this until the Day Of Remembrance for the Saints of our church.  They read the names of the deceased and carried a banner with names and bells on it.  I cried and knew that it was okay to cry.  I cried a second time and thought okay, that was it, no more crying.  Then we sang the last hymn and what did it talk about...cocoons and butterflies, come on.

The third cry was the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers