Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ode to Julia Sugarbaker

With the passing of Dixie Carter, I felt sadness. I read the news as we were on our driving trip so I pulled up many clips of her classic speeches on my Iphone. I laughed and laughed and tears came to my eyes. I so enjoyed that show. And something about her long speeches just spoke to me. I am finding my voice as Julia Sugarbaker's was written. Dixie may not have been as forceful in real life, but the character was just so priceless. All of them were.

I read her biography years ago, and sadly I could not find it now, it must have been decluttered. There- something negative from decluttering. I would have liked to glance at it again but now I will enjoy these clips of classic Julia, Suzanne, Mary Jo and Charlene.


Julia is fed up with Jury Duty - the mention of June Allyson Bladder Pants is priceless among others.



This doesn't showcase Julia as much but now the subject is near and dear to my heart. Georgia Tent and Awning is the title. Annie Potts and Delta Burke are fabulous.



There are so many. I just got lost in them again. I love You Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers