Saturday, April 23, 2011

Adele - Rolling In The Deep



I can't stop listening to this. The words go by too fast for me so I look up the lyrics just to understand what it could be about. And that is open for interpretation. This could be my theme song. All of this internal work, what a perfect title...rolling in the deep.

The first lines are:
There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch and bringing me out of the dark
Finally, I can see you crystal clear

Yes! The fire, coming out of the dark, and with some space, I can see things so much more clearly.

I love her voice and the beat, it feels primal at times. I know I've heard it because the song has been out since February but sometimes you have to hear it at THE right time. It was on Idol this week and it struck me. On Idol and on other stages, you can watch kids with big voices sing, but I respond to the ones that have "it." My friend and I have determined that "it" is the fact that they are conveying emotion of some experience of theirs to us and we connect with it. I love when it lines up that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers