Tuesday, January 12, 2010

George and Carolyn - Hollywood Style


I read and really enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I can't remember if I read it because Oprah recommended or not, but I loved, loved her style of writing. I very much enjoyed the tone, the humor and the depth. When I found out that Julia Roberts would be playing Elizabeth in the movie now being filmed, it threw me, it wasn't the obvious choice to me but the director did not get my input. Yet, dear readers, I have accepted it and moved on. At the end of the book as in her real life, Ms. Gilbert finds love and his name is Felipe. Here is their picture from their wedding day which is what her second book is about.


Fast forward to present day, I came across a photo of who would be playing Felipe on the screen. Here is that photo. It is none other than the sultry, hunky actor of Spanish origin, Javier Bardem. How do I write without insulting Felipe, whom I'm sure is sultry and hunky in his own way, that I wasn't expecting this choice, either. I hadn't pictured him as he was after I read the book and then I didn't picture him as Javier. Felipe is 17 years older than Elizabeth and I'm sure is a nice man but Javier Bardem, he is not. Granted, I have written about pictures/images being one dimensional. And people are multi-dimensional. And yet...it is Hollywood, yada, yada, yada.


So, it started me thinking, hmmmm, who would play me (and George) in the movie version of my future smash best-seller. My first thought was of an actress that we lost in a tragic accident last year. Natasha Richardson, I just thought she was fabulous and I do have English blood running through me. And now I'm stuck, I really can't come up with anybody. Wait, it just hit me, I would want Reese Witherspoon. I have been told that we have similar mannerisms.




For George, it would be Val Kilmer - Top Gun Days. What do you think???

Oh,and the office/guest room has NOT been pulled together...no pictures to be forthcoming.

1 comment:

  1. It never occurred to me before, but George does favor Val Kilmer...and Natasha Richardson would've been perfect for you. I miss her. Is that weird? I only knew her through movies, yet I miss her. I've never felt that way about an actor. Strange.

    ReplyDelete

Followers