Monday, January 25, 2010

Peace

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart (unknown)

I love Barnes and Noble. Have I said that before? It's a mystical magical place for me. A fount of information. A quiet place. I found this peace verse on a coffee cup at Barnes & Noble. I picked it up and fell in love with it (and drink out of it often!) For some reason, as I have gone through life, I thought it was supposed to be easy or at least not hard all the time. Why? Why did I think that, that is SOOO crazy to think that. (And when I say "Crazy" it is said with an Columbian accent and your hands up in the air like the actress who plays Gloria from "Modern Family" which I adore. She's on my brain as I have seen her on her show, then on Ellen Friday and then the SAG awards last night. And I digress...

I guess why I love the saying, is because I'm really learning to live it. It speaks volumes to me now. VOLUMES. When one finally learns to relax after being uptight for years, it is utterly refreshing. Peace. The word just sounds good. The action of it is even better.

1 comment:

  1. http://kimarnoldblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/cleaning-closets.html

    Check out this post. Between you and other bloggers, I'm feeling like I'm being nudged, no pushed to clean and de-clutter.

    ReplyDelete

Followers