Monday, June 14, 2010

From scratch??!!

Last Friday, I decided that I must cook something with some fresh LA crawfish as I had bought them and they had been in the fridge for a few days, so it was time. I looked through my recipe books and chose crawfish etouffee, which I don't remember ever making before. I had considered fettucine because I figure the girls would eat the noodles if anything as they are particularly picky, and then I rethought it and chose what I wanted because if they don't eat it, at least I will enjoy it.
I had pledged at the beginning of the year to cook new meals and expose the girls to new foods. heh heh heh, not doing so well with that one as reflected upon the next sentence. I asked Riley if she would like to help me cook, and she looks at me blankly and says, "you are going to cook it from scratch?" I laugh really hard on the inside and smile and say yes, I am cooking from scratch. Well, I made it AND Riley ate 2 servings at supper and then leftover for lunch the next day. I was so excited. Usually when I go out of my way to make something new, the girls don't eat it, and I feel like it's a waste to try but I remember reading that it takes 12 exposures of a new food to acclimate it to the palate. I have time to perfect the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers