Sunday, March 17, 2013

It Must Be the Luck of the Irish (or a lot of mindfulness)

It feels like forever since I have sat down to write.  And I really miss it.

This morning I had very profound thought and now it is gone.  It was again along the lines of weight and acceptance.  It seemed deeper this morning.

I think it was that although I really do want to lose weight, it is NOT about the weight.  Loving and accepting myself is my goal.  I feel as I continue to learn to love and nurture myself that my intuitive eating will kick in again and again.  Nurturing myself which is something I badly needed is beginning to become second nature.  I listen to those nudges when it is time to rest, when I need to tell the kids I need to be alone.  When I need to turn everything off and have silence.  I am amazed at how often I just need silence.

Before the Parade.
It's coming back to me now!! I think my epiphany moment came after I went to a St. Patrick's Day parade.  It occurred to me that I had not thought once about my body or my attire and how it would be received by others.  I spent time with people I had not seen in months and months and I would have worried about this in the past.

I was just "IN" the moment, experiencing the delight of seeing old friends!

The only time I thought about my body was that I kept pulling my shirt down as I raised it to catch beads but that because it wrinkled up each time.  I thought I need to wear something better for exercise next year! ha ha

You don't know you are there until you are there.

I am thrilled that the self-conscious thoughts are slowly extinguishing over time.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers