Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Six Types of People Not to Share Your Story With

Last week, I watched Brene Brown on Super Soul Sunday.  Fabulous.  The key to being a whole hearted person is being vulnerable.  Her extensive research proves it.  But as I have learned much about boundaries and trying to be vulnerable with the wrong people, I told my good friend, she hasn't talked about that.  Well, this is from part 2.  She talks about it!!  I started cheering when I saw it.


6 Types of People Who Do Not Deserve to Hear Your Shame Story


Last night I had an experience with someone who responded in the: "How did you let this happen" mode.  It stuck in my craw.  And the kicker, she's in the helping profession.   Just because someone is in the helping profession does not mean they are an empathic. So again,  I learned, just how far to go in sharing my story.  I think I want to be heard so badly, that I take risks that are too high.  Oprah repeated again in the episode how we all want to be heard, and feel like we matter.

So, so true.  Yet, taking the risk of being vulnerable must be done within carefully chosen boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers