Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Can I get rid of Greys Anatomy?

I'm in that mode again...it's de-cluttering time and it feels so right. (sing "Reunited" by Peaches and Herb right here. I kept singing it as I went through the kids' stuff recently) One of my friends described decluttering as emotional therapy and it really truly is. Purging what is not needed, or wanted as it just clutters up the space, and the mind, and the emotions. Now that the holidays are over, it is time. I have gone through stuffed animals, toys, some clothes, and George helped me purge our paper clutter this past weekend. It feels so good but alas, the job is never over there is always more.

One way I declutter is on the DVR. Cox's new format actually tells you how much space you are using and I start to get nervous when it hits 80% full. There are certain shows that I don't want to give up on. Here is where my codependency loyalty comes in. I remain loyal to tv shows (ie. people) in my life that don't work for me anymore. I use to watch Grey's Anatomy faithfully every year, I really enjoyed it and looked forward to it. Season by season, I stopped looking forward. Last year, I didn't watch any of the taped episodes until Christmas 2010 when other shows were in reruns. And this Christmas, I still found DVDs from the library and Netflix to watch instead. It's time to let it go. I watched one episode and it didn't do a whole lot for me.

I just erased 8 episodes!! and I kept the last one just so I could fastforward to see what is happening. I can figure this out by watching the recap and then the previews for next week. You can also just read the recap online which sometimes takes less time than actually watching the show. I'm not falling apart, I do vaguely want to know what happens to Derek and Meredith and the baby they were adopting.

Now....I have to make the DVR stop taping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers