Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time to get wet again


This morning in a completely unplanned manner, I took a big step for me. I have begun testing the waters to start training to participate in Rocketchix again. A mini triathlon for women and it is in mid April. It was hanging over me that I needed to get in the water and start swimming laps. I have been walking, breaking into a slow jog and riding my bike so I called the YMCA, booked a lane in the indoor pool and shot over there within 15 minutes. I ripped the band aid off. I swam at least 300 meters, because I lose track and my breath. Swimming kicks my behind yet feels so good! It's not pretty but I do it. The lifeguard was nice and I inquired about stroke instruction, and he suggested a website for improvement. I reserved more swim time and now I'm off. It feels so good.

I came home and realized that the twelve week training period starts this week, somehow my intuition knew that and pushed me out of the door!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers